You probably know all about the threats made against Pokemon, which has
been accused of supporting/advertising:
- Animal abuse (BTW P.E.T.A. Crashed my computer. Just Sayin'.)
But, if you think about it, living INSIDE the Pokemon world would be VERY dangerous, even life-threatining! Now, you might be thinking:
- I ALREADY KNOW!
- Stop! You're ruining my childhood! ;n;
But entertain the thought for a moment, as you enter a world of fear.
Let us begin at the place you remember so well. I will make it vague so that it can be applied to any game.
- You see your cold, unfeeling mother, who sends you out into the world without any protection
- You visit the professor who gives you a mere weakling compared to other monsters to protect yourself
- You brutally wound other monsters for the benefit of your own
- You capture some of the stonger monsters in tiny, space-deprived sphears
- You force your chosen monsters to fight in vicious battles using their energy needed to survive
- The world is run by one corporation
- Organized crime runs rampant
- You battle against leaders of "Gyms" who have strong monsters of a certain type
- You take other's money when you have beaten-up their monsters
- You catch many monsters so you must put some in "boxes" where they will be ignored and neglected
- You collect "badges" certifing you have defeated a gym leader
- You battle your "rival", the main competetor against you
- You eventually beat the "Elite Four", the stongest of all trainers
- You go to distant caves or islands to catch literal gods
- You unlock the secrets only avalilabe after beating the Elite Four
So, rethink, is life inside Pokemon really so care-free and friendly?
But probably not.